The project is funded by the European Commission under the Grant Scheme “Fostering social inclusion and employment on Local level” EuropeAid/136315/ID/ACT/MK within the Operational Programme for Human Resources Development 2007-2013 (IPA Component IV), and has a duration of 1 year starting 28.12.2016 and will be completed by 12.27.2017. The project is implemented by two NGOs: The National Center for Development of Innovation and Entrepreneurial Learning, Macedonia as a project coordinator and YouNet from Italy.
The main objective of the project is to promote the social inclusion of young Roma through trainings for social Youth Entrepreneurship. The project aims to enable Roma and NEETs (Not in employment, education or training) to participate actively in social life and to create an environment for further development of youth social entrepreneurship in Macedonia.
Specific objectives are:
- To provide special designed training for entrepreneurial skills and social entrepreneurship development for Roma and NEET’s in order to develop, validate and implement social entrepreneurial projects;
- To establish Social Entrepreneurship hubs in two cities: Skopje and Shtip for supporting young entrepreneurs with focus to the Roma minority in business development, fundraising activities, sharing best practices, good examples and failures, as well as collaboration with stakeholders from national and local administrations responsible for entrepreneurship, employment, education and minorities;
- To organise social entrepreneurship competition where the participants will apply their knowledge from the trainings in practice throughout their ideas;
- To ensure that the Social Entrepreneurship hubs will deliver further support to the disadvantaged groups of youths (Roma and other NEETs) in order to increase their employability;
- To ensure support and facilitating with the development of self-employment opportunities for Roma and moving from employment in the informal economy to working in the “white” economy;
- To start an awareness raising campaign for social entrepreneurship and Roma integration trough social entrepreneurship that will promote solidarity, tolerance and foster mutual understanding between cultures;
- To engage key stakeholders in Macedonia for supporting Roma and NEET’s in their social entrepreneurship business and long-term support of the Social Entrepreneurship hubs.
Main project activities:
- Establishing formal collaboration with CSOs/NGOs, local governments (municipalities);
- Training needs analysis and development of a training methodology;
- Training of trainers;
- Six three days’ trainings in Shtip, Strumica, Bitola, Kumanovo and Skopje;
- Competition for the best social entrepreneurship business idea;
- Workshops for capacity building for the young people who will be involved in SE hubs;
- Development of strategic plan for development and sustainability assurance of the SE hubs in Skopje and Shtip.
The area targeted with the project activities is Republic of Macedonia, with focus on the following cities: Skopje, Shtip, Bitola, Kumanovo and Strumica.